Saturday, January 21, 2017

APEX Plugin: Calendar Heatmap Region

I was looking at the GitHub "contribution chart", which shows number of commits per day as a heatmap calendar. I thought this type of chart would be cool to have as an APEX plugin, so I went ahead and implemented it.



Here is a video I recorded to walk through how the plugin was made:



Note: For an alternative implementation, see the "Block Calendar" in Oracle JET. As far as I can tell, there is no built-in support for this chart in APEX, so you would have to write your own wrapper to use it as a plugin.


You can download the plugin and PL/SQL code from my GitHub repository.

Enjoy! :-)



2 comments:

Mark Lancaster said...

Very nice plugin - definitely one for the toolbox.

Unknown said...

Excelent!!!!!! Thanks for sharing...